WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indulge
- usage: give free rein to; "The writer indulged in metaphorical language"
- 2. gratify, pander, indulge, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: yield (to); give satisfaction to
- 3. indulge, luxuriate, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: enjoy to excess; "She indulges in ice cream"
- 4. pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, baby, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
All rights reserved.
See also: indulge (Dictionary)