WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indispensable (vs. dispensable), critical, vital, necessary
- usage: not to be dispensed with; essential; "foods indispensable to good nutrition"
- 2. essential, indispensable, necessary (vs. unnecessary)
- usage: absolutely necessary; vitally necessary; "essential tools and materials"; "funds essential to the completion of the project"; "an indispensable worker"
- 3. indispensable, obligatory (vs. optional)
- usage: unavoidable; "the routine but indispensable ceremonies of state"
All rights reserved.
See also: indispensable (Dictionary)