WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. index, index number, indicant, indicator, fact
- usage: a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts; can reveal relative changes as a function of time
- 2. indicator, signal, signaling, sign
- usage: a signal for attracting attention
- 3. indicator, device
- usage: a device for showing the operating condition of some system
- 4. indicator, coloring material, colouring material, color, colour
- usage: (chemistry) a substance that changes color to indicate the presence of some ion or substance; can be used to indicate the completion of a chemical reaction or (in medicine) to test for a particular reaction
All rights reserved.
See also: indicator (Dictionary)