- 1. Indian, American Indian, Red Indian, Amerindian, Native American
- usage: a member of the race of people living in America when Europeans arrived
- 2. Indian, Asian, Asiatic
- usage: a native or inhabitant of India
- 3. Amerind, Amerindian language, American-Indian language, American Indian, Indian, natural language, tongue
- usage: any of the languages spoken by Amerindians
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Indian
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures; "the Indian subcontinent"; "Indian saris"
- 2. Indian, Amerind, Amerindic, Native American
- usage: of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages; "Native American religions"; "Indian arrowheads"
All rights reserved.
See also: indian (Dictionary)