WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indecent, indecorous, unbecoming, uncomely, unseemly, untoward, improper (vs. proper)
- usage: not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society; "was buried with indecent haste"; "indecorous behavior"; "language unbecoming to a lady"; "unseemly to use profanity"; "moved to curb their untoward ribaldry"
- 2. indecent (vs. decent), crude, earthy, gross, vulgar, Hollywood, indelicate, obscene, suggestive, dirty, improper, indecorous#1, indelicate
- usage: offensive to good taste especially in sexual matters; "an earthy but not indecent story"; "an indecent gesture"
- 3. indecent, immodest (vs. modest)
- usage: offending against sexual mores in conduct or appearance; "a bathing suit considered indecent by local standards"
All rights reserved.
See also: indecent (Dictionary)