- 1. incumbent, officeholder, official, functionary, holder
- usage: the official who holds an office
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incumbent, superjacent (vs. subjacent)
- usage: lying or leaning on something else; "an incumbent geological formation"
- 2. incumbent, necessary (vs. unnecessary)
- usage: necessary (for someone) as a duty or responsibility; morally binding; "it is incumbent on them to pay their own debts"
- 3. incumbent, current (vs. noncurrent)
- usage: currently holding an office; "the incumbent governor"
All rights reserved.
See also: incumbent (Dictionary)