WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incubation, care, attention, aid, tending
- usage: maintaining something at the most favorable temperature for its development
- 2. incubation, phase, stage
- usage: (pathology) the phase in the development of an infection between the time a pathogen enters the body and the time the first symptoms appear
- 3. brooding, incubation, parturition, birth, giving birth, birthing
- usage: sitting on eggs so as to hatch them by the warmth of the body
All rights reserved.
See also: incubation (Dictionary)