Synonyms of incompetent
- 1. incompetent, incompetent person, unskilled person
- usage: someone who is not competent to take effective action
- 1. incompetent (vs. competent), unqualified
- usage: legally not qualified or sufficient; "a wife is usually considered unqualified to testify against her husband"; "incompetent witnesses"
- 2. incompetent (vs. competent), feckless, inept, ineffective, inefficient, unworkmanlike, inefficient, unqualified, unskilled
- usage: not qualified or suited for a purpose; "an incompetent secret service"; "the filming was hopeless incompetent"
- 3. bungling, clumsy, fumbling, incompetent, unskilled (vs. skilled)
- usage: showing lack of skill or aptitude; "a bungling workman"; "did a clumsy job"; "his fumbling attempt to put up a shelf"
- 4. incompetent, unskilled, bad (vs. good)
- usage: not doing a good job; "incompetent at chess"
- 5. incapable, incompetent, unequal to(predicate), inadequate (vs. adequate), unequal
- usage: not meeting requirements; "unequal to the demands put upon him"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of incompetent (Dictionary)