WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incompatible (vs. compatible), antagonistic, clashing, contradictory, mutually exclusive, uncongenial, different, inharmonious#1, unharmonious, mismatched, uncongenial#1, incompatible
- usage: not compatible; "incompatible personalities"; "incompatible colors"
- 2. antagonistic (vs. synergistic), incompatible, antacid, antiphlogistic
- usage: used especially of drugs or muscles that counteract or neutralize each other's effect
- 3. uncongenial (vs. congenial), incompatible, disagreeable, unsympathetic, incompatible, unfriendly, unsympathetic
- usage: not suitable to your tastes or needs; "the uncongenial roommates were always fighting"; "the task was uncongenial to one sensitive to rebuffs"
- 4. incompatible (vs. compatible)
- usage: incapable of being used with or connected to other devices or components without modification
- 5. contrastive, incompatible, antonymous (vs. synonymous)
- usage: of words so related that one contrasts with the other; "`rich' and `hard-up' are contrastive terms"
- 6. ill-sorted, incompatible, mismated, unsuited, mismatched (vs. matched)
- usage: not easy to combine harmoniously
- 7. discrepant, incompatible, inconsistent (vs. consistent)
- usage: not compatible with other facts
- 8. inappropriate, incompatible, out or keeping(predicate), unfitting, incongruous (vs. congruous)
- usage: not in keeping with what is correct or proper; "completely inappropriate behavior"
- 9. incompatible, immiscible (vs. miscible), non-miscible, unmixable
- usage: used especially of solids or solutions; incapable of blending into a stable homogeneous mixture
All rights reserved.
See also: incompatible (Dictionary)