Synonyms of inclined
- 1. tend, be given, lean, incline, run, be
- usage: have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
- 2. incline, listen, hear, take heed
- usage: bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well; "He inclined his ear to the wise old man"
- 3. incline, lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down
- usage: lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow; "She inclined her head to the student"
- 4. slope, incline, pitch, lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
- usage: be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
- 5. incline, feel, experience
- usage: feel favorably disposed or willing; "She inclines to the view that people should be allowed to expres their religious beliefs"
- 6. dispose, incline, determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
- usage: make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief; "Their language inclines us to believe them"
- 1. inclined(predicate) (vs. disinclined), apt(predicate), disposed(predicate), given(predicate), minded(predicate), tending(predicate), fond(predicate), partial(predicate), prone, accident-prone, willing
- usage: (often followed by `to') having a preference, disposition, or tendency; "wasn't inclined to believe the excuse"; "inclined to be moody"
- 2. inclined (vs. horizontal) (vs. vertical), atilt, canted, leaning, tilted, tipped, aslant, aslope, diagonal, slanted, slanting, sloped, sloping, high-pitched, low-pitched, monoclinal, pitched, salient(postnominal), sidelong, skew, skewed, gradual, oblique
- usage: at an angle to the horizontal or vertical position; "an inclined plane"
- 3. disposed(predicate), fain, inclined(predicate), prepared, willing (vs. unwilling)
- usage: having made preparations; "prepared to take risks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of inclined (Dictionary)