Synonyms of inclination
- 1. inclination, disposition, tendency, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others; "he had an inclination to give up too easily"; "a tendency to be too strict"
- 2. inclination, inclination of an orbit, angle
- usage: (astronomy) the angle between the plane of the orbit and the plane of the ecliptic stated in degrees
- 3. inclination, angle of inclination, angle
- usage: (geometry) the angle formed by the x-axis and a given line (measured counterclockwise from the positive half of the x-axis)
- 4. dip, angle of dip, magnetic dip, magnetic inclination, inclination, angle
- usage: (physics) the angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon
- 5. inclination, liking
- usage: that toward which you are inclined to feel a liking; "her inclination is for classical music"
- 6. tilt, list, inclination, lean, leaning, position, spatial relation
- usage: the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- 7. tendency, inclination, disposition
- usage: a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect; "the alkaline inclination of the local waters"; "fabric with a tendency to shrink"
- 8. inclination, inclining, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of inclining; bending forward; "an inclination of his head indicated his agreement"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of inclination (Dictionary)