WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incitation, incitement, arousal, rousing
- usage: an act of urging on or spurring on or rousing to action or instigating; "the incitement of mutiny"
- 2. provocation, incitement, encouragement
- usage: needed encouragement; "the result was a provocation of vigorous investigation"
- 3. incitement, incitation, provocation, psychic energy, mental energy
- usage: something that incites or provokes; a means of arousing or stirring to action
- 4. exhortation, incitement, persuasion, suasion
- usage: the act of exhorting; an earnest attempt at persuasion
All rights reserved.
See also: incitement (Dictionary)