- 1. inaugural address, inaugural, address, speech
- usage: an address delivered at an inaugural ceremony (especially by a United States president)
- 2. inauguration, inaugural, initiation, induction, installation
- usage: the ceremonial induction into a position; "the new president obviously enjoyed his inauguration"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inaugural (vs. exaugural)
- usage: occurring at or characteristic of a formal investiture or induction; "the President's inaugural address"; "an inaugural ball"
- 2. inaugural, initiative, initiatory, first, maiden, opening (vs. closing)
- usage: serving to set in motion; "the magazine's inaugural issue"; "the initiative phase in the negotiations"; "an initiatory step toward a treaty"; "his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"; "the liner's maiden voyage"
All rights reserved.
See also: inaugural (Dictionary)