WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inanimate (vs. animate)
- usage: belonging to the class of nouns denoting nonliving things; "the word `car' is inanimate"
- 2. inanimate (vs. animate), nonliving, non-living, nonconscious
- usage: not endowed with life; "the inorganic world is inanimate"; "inanimate objects"
- 3. breathless, inanimate, pulseless, dead (vs. alive)
- usage: appearing dead; not breathing or having no perceptible pulse; "an inanimate body"; "pulseless and dead"
All rights reserved.
See also: inanimate (Dictionary)