- 1. inch, in, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot
- 2. indium, In, atomic number 49, metallic element, metal
- usage: a rare soft silvery metallic element; occurs in small quantities in sphalerite
- 3. Indiana, Hoosier State, IN
- usage: a state in midwestern United States
- 1. in(predicate), successful (vs. unsuccessful)
- usage: holding office; "the in party"
- 2. in(prenominal), incoming (vs. outgoing)
- usage: directed or bound inward; "took the in bus"; "the in basket"
- 3. in, fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish
- usage: currently fashionable; "the in thing to do"; "large shoulder pads are in"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. in, inwards, inward
- usage: to or toward the inside of; "come in"; "smash in the door"
All rights reserved.
See also: in (Dictionary)