WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impure (vs. pure), technical-grade, technical grade, adulterate, adulterated, debased, alloyed, bastardized, bastardised, contaminated, polluted, dirty, dingy, muddied, muddy, unpurified, unclean#2, impure, unprocessed
- usage: combined with extraneous elements
- 2. impure (vs. pure), defiled, maculate, unchaste
- usage: (used of persons or behaviors) immoral or obscene; "impure thoughts"
- 3. unclean (vs. clean), impure, nonkosher, tref, terefah, untouchable, impure
- usage: having a physical or moral blemish so as to make impure according to dietary or ceremonial laws; "unclean meat"; "and the swine...is unclean to you"-Leviticus 11:3
All rights reserved.
See also: impure (Dictionary)