WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. improbable (vs. probable), unlikely, supposed(prenominal)
- usage: not likely to be true or to occur or to have occurred; "legislation on the question is highly unlikely"; "an improbable event"
- 2. improbable, unbelievable, unconvincing, unlikely, implausible (vs. plausible)
- usage: having a probability too low to inspire belief
- 3. improbable, marvelous, marvellous, tall(prenominal), incredible (vs. credible), unbelievable
- usage: too improbable to admit of belief; "a tall story"
All rights reserved.
See also: improbable (Dictionary)