Synonyms of imprisonment
- 1. imprisonment, punishment, penalty, penalization, penalisation
- usage: putting someone in prison or in jail as lawful punishment
- 2. captivity, imprisonment, incarceration, immurement, confinement
- usage: the state of being imprisoned; "he was held in captivity until he died"; "the imprisonment of captured soldiers"; "his ignominious incarceration in the local jail"; "he practiced the immurement of his enemies in the castle dungeon"
- 3. imprisonment, internment, confinement
- usage: the act of confining someone in a prison (or as if in a prison)
All rights reserved.