Synonyms of impounding
- 1. impoundment, impounding, internment, poundage, seizure
- usage: placing private property in the custody of an officer of the law
- 1. impound, attach, sequester, confiscate, seize, take
- usage: take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority; "The FBI seized the drugs"; "The customs agents impounded the illegal shipment"; "The police confiscated the stolen artwork"
- 2. impound, pound, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: place or shut up in a pound; "pound the cows so they don't stray"
All rights reserved.