- 1. impossible, impossibility, impossible action
- usage: something that cannot be done; "his assignment verged on the impossible"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impossible (vs. possible), hopeless, impracticable, infeasible, unfeasible, unworkable, out(predicate), unachievable, unattainable, undoable, unrealizable, hopeless, impractical, insurmountable#1, unsurmountable, unrealistic, unthinkable
- usage: not capable of occurring or being accomplished or dealt with; "an impossible dream"; "an impossible situation"
- 2. impossible, inconceivable, out of the question, unimaginable, unthinkable (vs. thinkable)
- usage: totally unlikely
- 3. impossible, insufferable, unacceptable, unsufferable, intolerable (vs. tolerable), unbearable, unendurable
- usage: used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence"
All rights reserved.
See also: impossible (Dictionary)