WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. imply, connote, express, show, evince
- usage: express or state indirectly
- 2. imply, express, show, evince
- usage: suggest as a logically necessary consequence; in logic
- 3. entail, imply, mean, necessitate
- usage: have as a logical consequence; "The water shortage means that we have to stop taking long showers"
- 4. incriminate, imply, inculpate, suggest, evoke, paint a picture
- usage: suggest that someone is guilty
- 5. imply, involve, have, feature
- usage: have as a necessary feature; "This decision involves many changes"
All rights reserved.
See also: imply (Dictionary)