- 1. implant, prosthesis, prosthetic device
- usage: a prosthesis placed permanently in tissue
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: fix or set securely or deeply; "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent"; "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
- 2. implant, attach
- usage: become attached to and embedded in the uterus; "The egg fertilized in vitro implanted in the uterus of the birth mother with no further complications"
- 3. plant, implant, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: put firmly in the mind; "Plant a thought in the students' minds"
All rights reserved.
See also: implant (Dictionary)