WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impertinent, irreverent, pert, saucy, spirited (vs. spiritless)
- usage: characterized by a lightly pert and exuberant quality; "a certain irreverent gaiety and ease of manner"
- 2. extraneous, immaterial, impertinent, orthogonal, irrelevant (vs. relevant)
- usage: not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
- 3. fresh, impertinent, impudent, overbold, smart, saucy, sassy, wise, forward (vs. backward)
- usage: improperly forward or bold; "don't be fresh with me"; "impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup"; "an impudent boy given to insulting strangers"; "Don't get wise with me!"
All rights reserved.
See also: impertinent (Dictionary)