WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impart, leave, give, pass on, tell
- usage: transmit (knowledge or skills); "give a secret to the Russians"; "leave your name and address here"; "impart a new skill to the students"
- 2. lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring, change, alter, modify
- usage: bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- 3. impart, conduct, transmit, convey, carry, channel, bring, convey, take
- usage: transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
All rights reserved.
See also: impart (Dictionary)