WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intangible (vs. tangible), impalpable, abstract
- usage: incapable of being perceived by the senses especially the sense of touch; "the intangible constituent of energy"- James Jeans
- 2. impalpable (vs. palpable), elusive, subtle, imperceptible#1, unperceivable
- usage: imperceptible to the senses or the mind; "an impalpable cloud"; "impalpable shadows"; "impalpable distinctions"; "as impalpable as a dream"
- 3. impalpable, imperceptible (vs. perceptible), unperceivable
- usage: not perceptible to the touch; "an impalpable pulse"
All rights reserved.
See also: impalpable (Dictionary)