WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. immobilize, immobilise, withhold, keep back
- usage: hold as reserve or withdraw from circulation; of capital
- 2. trap, pin, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
- 3. immobilize, immobilise, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: make defenseless
- 4. immobilize, immobilise, convert
- usage: convert (assets) into fixed capital
- 5. freeze, block, immobilize, immobilise, withhold, keep back
- usage: prohibit the conversion or use of (assets); "Blocked funds"; "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
- 6. immobilize, immobilise, restrict, curtail, curb, cut back
- usage: cause to be unable to move; "The sudden storm immobilized the traffic"
All rights reserved.
See also: immobilize (Dictionary)