WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. immerse, plunge, penetrate, perforate
- usage: thrust or throw into; "Immerse yourself in hot water"
- 2. steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
- 3. immerse, swallow, swallow up, bury, eat up, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing; "The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
- 4. plunge, immerse
- usage: cause to be immersed; "The professor plunged his students into the study of the Italian text"
All rights reserved.
See also: immerse (Dictionary)