WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. immature (vs. mature), adolescent, jejune, juvenile, puerile, babyish, childish, infantile
- usage: characteristic of a lack of maturity; "immature behavior"
- 2. young (vs. old), immature, one-year-old, two-year-old, three-year-old, four-year-old, five-year-old, adolescent, teen, teenage, teenaged, infantile, boyish, boylike, schoolboyish, childlike, childly, early, girlish, schoolgirlish, junior, little, small, newborn, preteen, preadolescent, puppyish, puppylike, tender, youngish, youthful, vernal, young, immature, junior, new
- usage: (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth; "young people"
- 3. green (vs. ripe), unripe, unripened, immature, unaged
- usage: not fully developed or mature; not ripe; "unripe fruit"; "fried green tomatoes"; "green wood"
- 4. immature (vs. mature), adolescent, embryonic, embryologic, embryonal, inchoative, larval, prepubescent, prepubertal, prepupal, pubescent, pupal, underdeveloped, premature, young#1, immature
- usage: not yet mature
- 5. unfledged (vs. fledged), immature, unfeathered
- usage: (of birds) not yet having developed feathers; "a small unfledged sparrow on the window sill"
All rights reserved.
See also: immature (Dictionary)