Synonyms of immaterial
- 1. immaterial (vs. material)
- usage: of no importance or relevance especially to a law case; "an objection that is immaterial after the fact"
- 2. incorporeal (vs. corporeal), immaterial, discorporate, unembodied, bodiless, unbodied, disembodied, spiritual, unbodied
- usage: without material form or substance; "an incorporeal spirit"
- 3. immaterial (vs. material), nonmaterial, intangible, nonphysical, insubstantial#1, unsubstantial#1, unreal
- usage: not consisting of matter; "immaterial apparitions"; "ghosts and other immaterial entities"
- 4. extraneous, immaterial, impertinent, orthogonal, irrelevant (vs. relevant)
- usage: not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
- 5. immaterial, indifferent, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: (often followed by `to') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other; "whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"; "what others think is altogether indifferent to him"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of immaterial (Dictionary)