Synonyms of image
- 1. image, mental image, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: an iconic mental representation; "her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
- 2. persona, image, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world; "a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
- 3. picture, image, icon, ikon, representation
- usage: a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- 4. prototype, paradigm, epitome, image, model, example
- usage: a standard or typical example; "he is the prototype of good breeding"; "he provided America with an image of the good father"
- 5. trope, figure of speech, figure, image, rhetorical device
- usage: language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- 6. double, image, look-alike, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrich's double"; "she's the very image of her mother"
- 7. image, range, range of a function, set
- usage: (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined; "the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers"
- 8. image, impression, effect
- usage: the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public; "although her popular image was contrived it served to inspire music and pageantry"; "the company tried to project an altruistic image"
- 9. effigy, image, simulacrum, representation
- usage: a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture); "the coin bears an effigy of Lincoln"; "the emperor's tomb had his image carved in stone"
- 1. image, visualize, visualise
- usage: render visible, as by means of MRI
- 2. visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image, imagine, conceive of, ideate, envisage
- usage: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of image (Dictionary)