WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. light, illume, illumine, light up, illuminate, lighten, lighten up
- usage: make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
- 2. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- 3. illuminate, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: add embellishments and paintings to (medieval manuscripts)
All rights reserved.
See also: illuminate (Dictionary)