- 1. illiterate, illiterate person, nonreader, ignoramus, know nothing, uneducated person
- usage: a person unable to read
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. illiterate (vs. literate), analphabetic, unlettered, functionally illiterate, preliterate, semiliterate, semiliterate, uneducated
- usage: not able to read or write
- 2. ignorant, illiterate, uneducated (vs. educated)
- usage: uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field; "she is ignorant of quantum mechanics"; "he is musically illiterate"
- 3. illiterate (vs. literate)
- usage: lacking culture, especially in language and literature
All rights reserved.
See also: illiterate (Dictionary)