WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inferential, illative
- usage: relating to or having the nature of illation or inference; "the illative faculty of the mind"
- 2. illative, inferential, deductive (vs. inductive)
- usage: resembling or dependent on or arrived at by inference; "an illative conclusion"; "inferential reasoning"
- 3. illative, deductive (vs. inductive)
- usage: expressing or preceding an inference; "`therefore' is an illative word"
All rights reserved.
See also: illative (Dictionary)