Synonyms of ignited
- 1. ignite, light, burn, combust
- usage: cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
- 2. erupt, ignite, catch fire, take fire, combust, conflagrate, change state, turn
- usage: start to burn or burst into flames; "Marsh gases ignited suddenly"; "The oily rags combusted spontaneously"
- 3. inflame, stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- 1. ignited, enkindled, kindled, lighted (vs. unlighted), lit
- usage: set afire; "the ignited paper"; "a kindled fire"
All rights reserved.