WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. igneous, pyrogenic, pyrogenous
- usage: produced under conditions involving intense heat; "igneous rock is rock formed by solidification from a molten state; especially from molten magma"; "igneous fusion is fusion by heat alone"; "pyrogenic strata"
- 2. igneous (vs. aqueous), eruptive
- usage: produced by the action of fire or intense heat; "rocks formed by igneous agents"
- 3. fiery, igneous, hot (vs. cold)
- usage: like or suggestive of fire; "a fiery desert wind"; "an igneous desert atmosphere"
All rights reserved.
See also: igneous (Dictionary)