WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. designation, identification, determination, finding
- usage: the act of designating or identifying something
- 2. identification, evidence
- usage: evidence of identity; something that identifies a person or thing
- 3. identification, condition, status
- usage: the condition of having the identity (of a person or object) established; "the thief's identification was followed quickly by his arrest"; "identification of the gun was an important clue"
- 4. recognition, identification, memory, remembering
- usage: the process of recognizing something or someone by remembering; "a politician whose recall of names was as remarkable as his recognition of faces"; "experimental psychologists measure the elapsed time from the onset of the stimulus to its recognition by the observer"
- 5. identification, identity, personal identity, individuality
- usage: the attribution to yourself (consciously or unconsciously) of the characteristics of another person (or group of persons)
All rights reserved.
See also: identification (Dictionary)