WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. identical, indistinguishable, same (vs. different)
- usage: exactly alike; incapable of being perceived as different; "rows of identical houses"; "cars identical except for their license plates"; "they wore indistinguishable hats"
- 2. identical, selfsame(prenominal), very(prenominal), same (vs. other)
- usage: being the exact same one; not any other:; "this is the identical room we stayed in before"; "the themes of his stories are one and the same"; "saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers"; "on this very spot"; "the very thing he said yesterday"; "the very man I want to see"
- 3. identical (vs. fraternal), monovular
- usage: (of twins) derived from a single egg or ovum; "identical twins are monovular"
- 4. identical, isotropic (vs. anisotropic), isotropous
- usage: having properties with uniform values along all axes
- 5. identical, superposable, congruent (vs. incongruent)
- usage: coinciding exactly when superimposed; "identical triangles"
All rights reserved.
See also: identical (Dictionary)