Synonyms of idealisation
- 1. idealization, idealisation, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism that splits something you are ambivalent about into two representations--one good and one bad
- 2. idealization, idealisation, idea, thought
- usage: something that exists only as an idea
- 3. idealization, idealisation, glorification, admiration, appreciation
- usage: a portrayal of something as ideal; "the idealization of rural life was very misleading"
All rights reserved.