- 1. ideal, idea, thought
- usage: the idea of something that is perfect; something that one hopes to attain
- 2. ideal, paragon, nonpareil, saint, apotheosis, nonesuch, nonsuch, model, role model
- usage: model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ideal, perfect (vs. imperfect)
- usage: conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence; embodying an ideal
- 2. ideal, abstract (vs. concrete)
- usage: constituting or existing only in the form of an idea or mental image or conception; "a poem or essay may be typical of its period in idea or ideal content"
- 3. ideal, idealistic
- usage: of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of the reality of ideas
All rights reserved.
See also: ideal (Dictionary)