WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. idea, thought, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- 2. mind, idea, purpose, intent, intention, aim, design
- usage: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- 3. idea, opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought
- usage: a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
- 4. estimate, estimation, approximation, idea, calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning
- usage: an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth; "an estimate of what it would cost"; "a rough idea how long it would take"
- 5. theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea, tune, melody, air, strain, melodic line, line, melodic phrase
- usage: (music) melodic subject of a musical composition; "the theme is announced in the first measures"; "the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"
All rights reserved.
See also: idea (Dictionary)