- 1. seaplane, hydroplane, airplane, aeroplane, plane
- usage: an airplane that can land on or take off from water; "the designer of marine aircraft demonstrated his newest hydroplane"
- 2. hydrofoil, hydroplane, speedboat
- usage: a speedboat that is equipped with winglike structures that lift it so that it skims the water at high speeds; "the museum houses a replica of the jet hydroplane that broke the record"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hydroplane, seaplane, fly, aviate, pilot
- usage: glide on the water in a hydroplane
All rights reserved.
See also: hydroplane (Dictionary)