WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hydrophobia, symptom
- usage: a symptom of rabies in humans consisting of an aversion to swallowing liquids
- 2. hydrophobia, simple phobia
- usage: a morbid fear of water
- 3. rabies, hydrophobia, lyssa, madness, zoonosis, zoonotic disease
- usage: an acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal); rabies is fatal if the virus reaches the brain
All rights reserved.
See also: hydrophobia (Dictionary)