WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Huxley, Andrew Huxley, Andrew Fielding Huxley
- usage: English physiologist who, with Alan Hodgkin, discovered the role of potassium and sodium ions in the transmission of the nerve impulse (born in 1917)
- 2. Huxley, Aldous Huxley, Aldous Leonard Huxley
- usage: English writer; grandson of Thomas Huxley who is remembered mainly for his depiction of a scientifically controlled utopia (1894-1963)
- 3. Huxley, Thomas Huxley, Thomas Henry Huxley
- usage: English biologist and a leading exponent of Darwin's theory of evolution (1825-1895)
All rights reserved.
See also: huxley (Dictionary)