- 1. Eskimo dog, husky, working dog
- usage: breed of heavy-coated Arctic sled dog
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beefy, burly, husky, strapping, buirdly, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: muscular and heavily built; "a beefy wrestler"; "had a tall burly frame"; "clothing sizes for husky boys"; "a strapping boy of eighteen"; "`buirdly' is a Scottish term"
- 2. gruff, hoarse, husky, cacophonous (vs. euphonious), cacophonic
- usage: deep and harsh sounding as if from shouting or illness or emotion; "gruff voices"; "the dog's gruff barking"; "hoarse cries"; "makes all the instruments sound powerful but husky"- Virgil Thomson
All rights reserved.
See also: husky (Dictionary)