Synonyms of hushed up
- 1. whitewash, gloss over, sleek over, hush up, cover, cover up
- usage: cover up a misdemeanor, fault, or error; "Let's not whitewash the crimes of Stalin"; "She tried to gloss over her mistakes"
- 2. hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hushed-up, suppressed (vs. publicized)
- usage: (used of information or news) kept secret by using influence; "hushed-up stories sometimes leak out"
All rights reserved.