Synonyms of hurting
- 1. pain, hurting, symptom
- usage: a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ache, smart, hurt, cause to be perceived
- usage: be the source of pain
- 2. hurt, indispose
- usage: give trouble or pain to; "This exercise will hurt your back"
- 3. pain, anguish, hurt, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
- 4. hurt, injure, damage
- usage: cause damage or affect negatively; "Our business was hurt by the new competition"
- 5. hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
- 6. hurt, ache, suffer, perceive, comprehend
- usage: feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
- 7. suffer, hurt, be
- usage: feel pain or be in pain
All rights reserved.