Synonyms of humour
- 1. temper, mood, humor, humour, feeling
- usage: a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling; "whether he praised or cursed me depended on his temper at the time"; "he was in a bad humor"
- 2. wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
- 3. humor, humour, body substance
- usage: (Middle Ages) one of the four fluids in the body whose balance was believed to determine your emotional and physical state; "the humors are blood and phlegm and yellow and black bile"
- 4. liquid body substance, bodily fluid, body fluid, humor, humour, body substance
- usage: the liquid parts of the body
- 5. humor, humour, quality
- usage: the quality of being funny; "I fail to see the humor in it"
- 6. humor, humour, sense of humor, sense of humour, playfulness, fun
- usage: the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous; "she didn't appreciate my humor"; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor"
- 1. humor, humour, gratify, pander, indulge
- usage: put into a good mood
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of humour (Dictionary)