WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. humiliation, shame, disgrace, ignominy
- usage: state of disgrace or loss of self-respect
- 2. chagrin, humiliation, mortification, embarrassment
- usage: strong feelings of embarrassment
- 3. humiliation, mortification, case, instance, example
- usage: an instance in which you are caused to lose your prestige or self-respect; "he had to undergo one humiliation after another"
- 4. humiliation, abasement, degradation, debasement
- usage: depriving one of self-esteem
All rights reserved.
See also: humiliation (Dictionary)