Synonyms of humbling
- 1. humble, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to be unpretentious; "This experience will humble him"
- 2. humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase, hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
- usage: cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of; "He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. demeaning, humbling, humiliating, mortifying, undignified (vs. dignified)
- usage: causing awareness of your shortcomings; "golf is a humbling game"
All rights reserved.