Synonyms of humanitarian
- 1. humanitarian, do-gooder, improver, benefactor, helper
- usage: someone devoted to the promotion of human welfare and to social reforms
- 2. humanist, humanitarian, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: an advocate of the principles of humanism; someone concerned with the interests and welfare of humans
- 1. human-centered, human-centred, humanist, humanistic, humanitarian, humane (vs. inhumane)
- usage: marked by humanistic values and devotion to human welfare; "a humane physician"; "released the prisoner for humanitarian reasons"; "respect and humanistic regard for all members of our species"
- 2. humanitarian
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of humanitarianism; "humanitarian aid"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of humanitarian (Dictionary)